Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Three kids meal and a valium please!

Baseball is back into full swing. No pun intended. How many days are in a week? 7, you guessed it. We now have baseball practice in 3 different locations with three different children while Avery hangs on for the ride 6 days a week. All this said, means we will be hitting up the closest drive thru 6 days a week and maybe even 7. I still don’t understand the rush to get in 800 practices before the season begins. My husband attempts to explain this to me with such enthusiasm and excitement. The entire time I am watching his mouth move and I am thinking, damn, this is going to screw up my beach vacation, again. I roll my eyes and take a deep breath and just go with the flow. The only reason I go with the flow during baseball season is Hunter my middle would have a meltdown like no human has ever seen. He is so much like his dad when it comes to sports. You tell the boy in order to achieve perfection in the game you have to sleep with the ball and he does it. Chase on the other hand realizes he belongs to a team and puts forth just enough effort to get himself by in the game. I’ll have you know that he is a fantastic athlete he just takes after his mother. Like I said, he does just enough to get by. Then there is Jackson Lane wanting to play “pre-K” baseball (pee-wee). He is very similar to Hunter, adamant that he is a champion like no other 3 year old. He is UN stoppable unless it involves candy then he is gone like the wind. Now, do you all get my drift on the baseball scene? From now until the end of June or July we are either on a practice field or at the ball field. So the next time I roll through the drive thru I am going to ask, “Can I get three kids meals and a valium please, If you have it value sized I’ll take that too!”

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep up with it all! I'm going to enjoy my last couple of years of calmness because I know the ball chaos will start for us soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh! I am cracking up at this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite line this time: The entire time I am watching his mouth move and I am thinking, damn, this is going to screw up my beach vacation, again.

    ReplyDelete